Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cartridge and Safety Razors

I guess that technically these are still knives. They are cartridge and safety razors. Safety razors are also known as "DE" or Double Edge razors. I purchase the heads and make the rest of them out of wood. They are really fun, quick and easy to make since most of the work is done on the lathe. The cartridge razors use standard Gillette Mach 3 heads and the safety razors use the standard double edge blades that you can find at almost any store that sells shaving supplies.






The stand and razor on this are both made out of the same piece of Bocote.


The handle on this safety razor was turned form Padauk. It was a birthday gift for a friend.



These both have Bocote handles as well. I kept the safety razor for myself and gave the cartridge razor to my oldest son.


No comments:

Post a Comment