Sunday, December 15, 2013

Paring Knife

This knife I just finished today and is a gift for my Dad. Hopefully he doesn't see this post before Christmas. It is a small and simple, but rugged design. The blade is 1/16 inch thick D2 with a full tang Canvas Micarta handle. The rivets are all stainless steel Loveless style. This is about the most practical style of construction that I can think of. It really doesn't even need epoxy, but I used it anyways. He said that he was tired of having to sharpen the pairing knives at home all the time and wanted one that would hold a better edge. D2 should fit the bill. I have been very impressed with it's ability to hold an edge. Even though it technically isn't "stainless steel" (Most people consider steel to have at least 13% Chrome in order to be called stainless and D2 has 12%), I have never had issues with it rusting or corroding.


No comments:

Post a Comment