Sunday, December 4, 2011

Friend's Veggie Knife

I have a friend at work who is a picky eater. He likes certain veggies and cheese. That's about it. He prepares most of his own food and he doesn't like how his kids and wife abuse the knives. So he asked me to make a knife just for him. This was about three years ago, and last I asked, he uses it daily and has never had to sharpen it. I find this hard to believe, but the most important factor in edge holding is how you use the knife. So maybe it's true. The blade was ground from 1/8" thick CPM-S30V. The full tang handle is Cocobolo with stainless steel dovetailed bolsters and pins. I didn't want to make a sheath for a kitchen knife. That didn't seem appropriate. Instead I made a leather blade protector that was lined with thick plastic. I was pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment