Sunday, December 4, 2011

More Bird and Trout Knives

These Knives were made back when I was about 15 years old. They had blades of O1 tool steel. I was using O1 almost exclusively at that time. It was my step up from using old car springs and saw blades. I could buy O1 from the local machine shop supply store and a local knife maker would heat treat it for me. O1 was nice and easy to work with, it held a good edge and was easy to sharpen. I found out later just how easy it was to rust. That was when I started looking into D2. These were popular little knives. I made a quite a few and I even sold some at the local knife shop in the mall.

This little guy had a brass guard, red spacers and a handle made from white Corian and Australian Iron Bark.

The handle on this knife was made from black Paper Micarta. I can't find the picture of it, but down the middle of the handle were two red inlays.

No comments:

Post a Comment