Sunday, December 4, 2011

Norm's Knives

These were made for a friend of mine (Norm) in Moses Lake. It must have been close to 10 years ago now. I traded them for some tools. I think the blades were from 1/8" thick ATS-34 since that is mostly what I was using around that time. He always wanted a knife with .22 shells for rivets. He noticed that a .22LR shell would slide perfectly into a .22 Magnum shell. So that is what I made for him. The top knife had a multi-colored Diamondwood handle with a full tang. The rivets are spent .22 shells, including the thong hole tube. I made quite a few knives in that design. However it was the only one that had .22 shells for the rivets as well as the thong hole tube. I still prefer to the .22 Magnum shells for the thong hole tubing. It's just cool. The bottom knife had a whitetail antler handle. That was another knife that I made a few of. Whitetail antlers are a little on the small side and the little drop point lends itself well to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment